New Zealand. Day two & three.

Day Two might be one of my all time favorite days in NZ, and one of my most disgusting ha! We started our day at Piha beach to see Lion Rock. It was breath taking to say the least. This beach was my favorite out of all the ones we visited. I could have spent every day here the entire time we were in NZ and been perfectly happy. The sand was as soft as butter. The water was clear and crisp and chilly. The drive down had amazing views. Geez, I want to go back right this second. We spent a good bit of time here exploring, then we had delicious pizza at a little cafe right off the beach.  photo newzealand-018.jpg photo newzealand-021.jpg photo newzealand-022.jpg photo newzealand-023.jpg photo newzealand-019.jpg photo newzealand-024.jpg photo newzealand-025.jpg photo newzealand-027.jpg photo newzealand-028.jpg photo newzealand-029.jpg

 photo newzealand-030.jpg
and I wish I knew who this cute couple was!  photo newzealand-026.jpg
 photo newzealand-032.jpg photo newzealand-035.jpg photo newzealand-034.jpg photo IMG_9346.jpg photo IMG_9352.jpg photo newzealand-037.jpg photo newzealand-038.jpg photo newzealand-036.jpg photo newzealand-039.jpg photo newzealand-031.jpg photo IMG_9345.jpg photo newzealand-040.jpg

After Piha beach, we drove up and down a very curvy mountain range (atleast it felt like mountains) to get to our hiking destination in the Waitakere Range. We were pulling into the parking area when C lost his lunch. It was everywhere. He lost it multiple times. (you're welcome for that mental picture). We ruled that it was a combination of greasy pizza and car sickness. THANKFULLY, I had back up clothes. After wiping everything down with baby wipes and germ x, we set out to do some hiking, and C was back to his chipper self. Willow was exhausted, but not napping so I went ahead of the group a few times to calm her. I didn't take many pictures of the beautiful scenery due to rocking Willow, but thankfully Josh got a good bit on our Go Pro. Even though my arms felt like lead, I'm so glad we did this hike. I wish so badly we had trees like those here. After our hike, we headed back to the house for naps and dinner.  photo newzealand-041.jpg


This day was filled with flowers, after flowers, after flowers. We spent the morning wandering around Auckland Botanic Gardens. Holy cow, this place was beautiful. C wasn't really into it, go figure, (except for the mini river bed) but we still really enjoyed it.  photo newzealand-049.jpg

 photo newzealand-048.jpg

  photo newzealand-044.jpg photo newzealand-042.jpg photo newzealand-046.jpg photo newzealand-047.jpg photo newzealand-045.jpg photo newzealand-043.jpg

 After lunch at their cafe, we then went to The Auckland Winter Gardens. I remember a few things about this place. It was hot. It was beautiful. I rocked Willow to sleep in the carrier, and that was blissful in cool shade (in the photo below I walked her underneath that giant green bush on the right) We walked up a giant hill to a museum that ended up being too expensive to visit, and then I nursed Willow on its front steps. And that might be one of my favorite moments of the whole trip. It was a stunning view. The wind was blowing fiercely (which felt amazing on that hot day). It was so peaceful, just me and her. I remember closing my eyes and trying my hardest to remember it all. The smell, the wind, the view. Pictures didn't do that view justice. I may have silently cried from exhaustion and happiness and thankfulness. I just kept praising the Lord for that little moment of regrouping, and praising Him for blessing us with that trip. Those giant steps were built just for me and that moment.
 photo newzealand-054.jpg
 photo newzealand-055.jpg photo newzealand-051.jpg
 photo IMG_9379.jpg

 photo newzealand-056.jpg photo IMG_9362.jpg photo IMG_9363.jpg
  photo IMG_9371.jpg photo newzealand-050.jpg photo newzealand-053.jpg photo IMG_9377.jpg photo IMG_9373.jpg photo newzealand-058.jpg
Like I said, those photos don't do that view justice. Take me back!

We finished this day with delicious pizza and trip to a local park for C to get in some serious sliding time.

No comments: